Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, 1 January 2013

The year in review


WOW!!! What a year.. haha no matter WHAT life throws at me I always seem to make it look pretty!

I have NO idea where that year went.. BUT..Here we go..Lets look back at 2012!


First we had to say goodbye to 2011..

And watched the fireworks on tv with Ethel.. Who was NOT amused! Delicate little girl!



JANUARY....


I dived into the new year with....

A new diary and pens....


New ideas... Starting with HAPPY KITS!!


Positivity in a paper bag!!
These little bags of sunshine proved a real hit in 2012.. 
One for every month to help spread a little of my happy outlook!

And I needed all the sunshine I could grab when suddenly my dear Ethel got sick and despite all efforts to save my best friend..I lost her over the rainbow and my heart was broken!


Anyone who knows me knows that pets are my family.. And Ethel.. I loved her so much more than a hamster..She really was the most magical friend..

Thanks to all the kind words and sweet gifts sent through from my lovely friends 
I built up quite an Ethel collection...



And planted a rose in her memory.... An orange one! Because she always was and always will be the orange in my rainbow!!


In fact a few days after she crossed I saw this rainbow.. A DOUBLE one..
And the orange was EXTRA bright..

I missed being a hamster Mum so much that I decided I would find another friend...
Not a replacement.. Ethel could never be replaced.. But I just felt I had so much love to offer another hamster friend that I would keep an eye out for the perfect friend...

I just had a few simple requirements..

He must be a boy... Long haired.. Different colour to Ethel and his name would be WALTER!

I always choose the name first.. That's how I KNOW I've found the perfect friend..

They have to fit the name...

So after a couple of weeks of searching and a VERY long car journey one Sunday morning..

I found him...


MY WALTER...


I looked down and said... "Are YOU my Walter?" He looked up.. And I KNEW!!!

He was so so shy! But we clicked pretty quick!


FEBRUARY...

The month of LOVE!!

Jacob and I had a DATE DAY!!


And then it was VALENTINES....

I made him a special hoop present!



And a special card....


MARCH...

I worked on more hoops....



And more doodle character ideas...


And I realised I was allergic to antibiotics when I had to visit A&E with a little swelling...


But everything life throws at me is doodle worthy! This made for a funny one!!

APRIL...

WOW... My not so little Noah turned 11!





And we went bowling...


LOVE these guys....

Then it was EASTER!

An extra opportunity to dress up and eat chocolate!

Haha as if I need one!



MAY...

Noah ran the mile race in the park again! And beat last years time!


JUNE...

Our first picnic of the year..


The Queens Jubilee..



We sent to the CIRCUS!!! This was a MEGA highlight!



JULY...

I handed in my notice at work and went FULL TIME as Kittypinkstars
It was tough saying goodbye to some of my lovely friends..
But I knew it was for the best..

They gave me some lovely pressies..


It was the Summer fete at Dad's allotment.. And Noah and I both won with our cakes!



Dad won with lots of veg and was in the top 3 at least most of the time!


We finally got to the beach..
It was the olympics..



And....MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!




And LOOK!!!! I got an iPad!!! COOOOOOOOL!!!!


AUGUST...

The Upton Country part fair.. Meant Noah brought home a little win!


Lots of Summer holiday fun..Even though it wasn't the GREATEST Summer..

Including my FAVOURITE ANNUAL EVENT.... The Bisterne scarecrow competition!!!!


SEPTEMBER....

I was in 2 books.....

John Murphy's new book..

Return of the stupid sock creatures..

My pattern for Rainbow Dribble is in there! And he was REALLY excited!


and Sassy.. The go for it girls guide by Lisa Clark


Super exciting.......

I MADE A SCARECROW!!

Meet Medwin...


And he moved in at my Dad's plot on the allotment!



I think Dad is impressed... He seems to love the big guy!

And guess what!?? He won first place!

Oh and one of the funniest sights of the year...

Noah and his best mate as Mr and Mrs Twit to celebrate Roald Dahl day!!


OCTOBER...

Lots more creating for the new season...

I tried paper mache for the first time in years



And made my very first paper mache lil fox girl!


I also made lots of fun and seasonal bookmarks!


Halloween..


Check out my sexy lil devil...Wilbur!!




Noah and I baked biscuits and carved pumpkins together! So much fun!




NOVEMBER...

Bonfire night..

Oooooooooh Aaaaaaaaah!!!!

And MOVEMBER!!!


Wookies grew moustaches for the month of November and raised £16 for Prostate Cancer UK

DECEMBER...

The Christmas decorations went up...



The anniversary of me and my Jacob... 4 years since that first kiss!
So I painted him a watercolour picture....


And he bought me flowers..A card and wrote me a love letter!!


WOW 4 years! Hahaha.. Still makes me giggle! I feel like the luckiest girl in the world!

Ooh yeah! My brother's dream came true... He became a published author with his first novel
Music for the End of the World!


Spooky was VERY excited!!!


Then there was lots of festive fun...


Christmas hoops...



And all kinds of Christmas cuteness...




Noah made these baubles for the school bauble competition... And guess what!??

The Santa bauble won!!




All leading up to CHRISTMAS....

Here it is... The Christmas mirror shot at my Mum and Dads...


And here are the last 4... So fun to see them all together!

And look.. I'm not getting old as quickly as I thought hahaha!


We had the annual fireworks..


Mum LOVED the indoor sparklers....


And I got lots of goodies!


Followed up with New year craziness...



And watching the fireworks with Walty and the boys....





And hello 2013....


May all your dreams come true! 

Thanks for following in 2012... Lets keep chatting in the new year guys!

Love and rainbows Kitty xxx




No comments: