Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, 4 September 2012

The week in review


The last full week of the holiday..And we certainly packed it full of some of my favourite things to do...

The Bisterne scarecrow trail... Which is literally my FAVOURITE annual event... An evening trip to Hengistbury head with the boys...
 Our annual Summer visit to Brownsea island.. The scarecrow competition on Dad's allotment...COME ON MEDWIN!! The first signs of Autumn.. Cuddles with my favourite boys and my furry friends.. AND my P45! Woop..Not long now and the adventure is all mine!! Happy new week guys!!



The week started by saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY to one of my Facebook friends

and amazing sock creature creator... Belua Designs


Big O and Mr Plipp here are two of her wonderful creations...

I love them so much! 




Then Tuesday... I got some interesting mail...



My P45 and a creepy dolls head! Haha no this isn't really significant. 

I just liked that it was the only mail I got and made me want to take a picture..




But yeah it does make me feel excited about the new things happening...

And my adventures into KPS full time!



It's been tough doing it all... And the holidays make it hard to keep up with orders 

but I'm looking forward to the extra time to get these new ideas out of my head and into the world of Kittypinkstars!



Tuesday night I went with the boys for an evening walk at Hengistbury head!



I've always loved it here.. When I was little I would cycle along the path.. Go putting with my family.. It's always nicer in the evening.. Quiet and peaceful.. Sometimes a little spooky.
But in my opinion the greatest place in Dorset to watch a sunset!

There wasn't a golden sunset but there was BLUE! Lots of blue!


And fun with my boys...




Silly outtakes by Jacob...




THEN..... Wednesday was the day I'd been waiting for...
My FAVOURITE annual event... The Bisterne scarecrow hunt!

Grab your maps guys....


Hahaha..My enthusiasm for this event surpasses everything! 
My family find it so funny.. Dad drives and I just out to take photos and leave donations!

I just think it's an amazing event... A sense of community and creativity
just what the world needs more of!

Here are some of this years creations...



I loved this one.... Haha she seemed a little familiar...


Noah was particularly impressed with the Flintstones entry..

Made completely out of paper mache..


And this paper mache Alice in Wonderland was AMAZING!!!


It has really inspired me to work with paper mache myself...

So expect some paper mache Kittypinkstars creations this Autumn..

Friday.. It was our Summer trip to Brownsea Island..



We love it here and come EVERY Summer.. Always right at the end of the holiday!

This year they had an alternative trail for us to follow... So much fun and done by finding the 
secret safari QR codes and scanning them in to find some cool crazy creatures..






I think this is a wonderful project...
Ideas for creatures brought forward by school children and turned into something extra special by illustrator Phil Smith and writer Joanna Quinn.

You can read all about it here..... Wearerevolting 

Yep it was a magical day....

Here are some more of our happy photos...






And it was just before we got on the boat home that I spied the first sign of Autumn...


And felt truly content...

Saturday.... We took Medwin up to the plot for Sunday's judging!


Haha..Dad loves him! And the people up there gave him a warm welcome!


Good luck Medwin... I'm gonna miss you! I'll come and see you lots!

I love it at Dad's allotment plot..


It's so perfect and peaceful.. Really inspiring!

Saturday afternoon we went to the air show... WOAH! My idea of hell is walking through Bournemouth on a Saturday!

But once we found a nice spot it was fine...
 I loved watching the planes with Dad and having a laugh!

Sunday was a chill out sleepy day!

Lots of kitty cuddles and naps..


Oh and thinking about the new seasons creations...


WOW! Well that's the last week of the holiday done and dusted!

It's been awesome and I feel fully recharged!

Happy new week guys! Have a wonderful time and good luck back out there in the real world!

Love and rainbows Kitty xxx

2 comments:

Maximonstertje said...

Oh Kitty, I love reading your posts! They make me smile and appreciate the little things in life more!! Thank you! xxx

Susan van der Zwaag - Sondeyker said...

Wow you had a great week!! Are you sure that you have the same amount of hours in a day as I have or is it that you have loads of energy where I have a lack off? But good to see you are having such a wonderfull time! Hugss!