Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, 27 September 2012

Tell me something Thursday


Hey guys! Happy Thursday!

Today I've had the task of turning my Noah into Mr Twit with just this piece of fur!

Haha I'll let you know how it goes in my week in review blog..

But for now, back to the list!

Number 8.. What did I eat today?

Hmm? 

4 crumpets with butter.. 6 squares of Dairy Milk.. The remains of a jumbo bag of tortilla chips.. Quesadilla (and all the ingredients that went into them as I was cooking) .. A hazelnut yoghurt.. Another 6 squares of Dairy Milk!

Eeek.. Not the healthiest day! I'll work on that some more!

And because I missed last week..

Number 9.. How important do I think education is?

This is a tough one because I have an opinion for me and then one as a Mum.. 
Basically for me education seems to have been a waste of time. 
My brain just doesn't work academically.. I don't retain information 
and the skills I use in daily life are either from the common sense my parents gave me
or the silly things I've taught myself!
I left school with no special grades and never went to further education.
I just use my imagination and create.. Myself.. My art.. My life!
I could have stayed an extra 10 years and learnt nothing more.

I did go back to adult education a few years ago though to get a passable C in both english and maths, so I didn't just give up!

However when it comes to my Noah..His brain works completely differently!
He remembers stuff he learns so quickly.
He retains the information like a robot!
The education system for Noah WORKS.. He needs the discipline and motivation to help him reach the heights that he's more than capable of achieving!
This week we went to see his potential new school for next September 
and one of the most important things for me was that as they are teaching them they are also treating them as individuals.. I think when I was at school (All those years ago) 
they didn't teach like that and that may have been the failing!

So.. Education done properly.. Has a fair chance of being successful!
But we are all individuals and I truly believe that education should reflect and embrace that!

Well that's my weekly soapbox lol!

Thanks for stoping by..

Love and rainbows Kitty xxx

1 comment:

Beki said...

Very similar views on Education to Me, am tempted to blog about mine but think it could turn into an essay xx