Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, 2 June 2012

Stuff I love Saturday

Hey guys!
Happy Saturday..
Well today we had our first picnic of the year... And we always have it at Blue Pool!


The Blue Pool at Furzebrook in Dorset constantly varies in colour. Very fine clay in suspension in the water diffracts light in different ways, producing a spectrum of colour sometimes green sometimes turquoise.
Set in a deep clay bowl, steps lead down to the waters edge or up to views of the Purbeck Hills. The Pool is surrounded by 25 acres of heath, woodland and gorse interlaced with sandy paths  that seem to take you to another world.
And it certainly does feel like another world when you're there..
It's so very beautiful.. I've been coming here with Mum and Dad since I was small..                  and its certainly changed so much..
I found these old postcards that just show the changes..


We've been bringing Noah here since he was a very little guy!                                            
The pool is different EVERY time. Sadly it seems to be getting smaller but there is so much magic there that you just can't help but fall in love when you're there.
Here are some of the mosaics I've made since taking Noah..
2009

2010


2011


And here's today's.. 2012

I just love how the water changes colour and gives you a different take on the place every time!

It's one of my top magical places.. Where do YOU love to go?
I'd love to hear about your favourite spots to just go and get away from it all!!!
Please let us know.. I'd love to google them and see what they're like!

Happy Saturday guys.. Thanks for stopping by!

Love and rainbows Kitty xxx

No comments: