Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, 14 August 2011

Sunday treasury..

Wow... It's Sunday already! Time sure does fly when you're having fun huh?

I really enjoy these treasury Sundays... I love to make them personal, just like my art..Everything I get involved in I throw my whole self in completely.. I think it's one of the reasons I am so happy with my lot.. I hang onto the child inside and don't ever feel pressured by the real world to fit in!

One of the drawbacks is that I find REAL life hard sometimes.. I don't find the thought of loss or change very easy at all.. I am very anxious about things and always looking for the answers where sometimes there aren't any!

This week I have found some real treasures.. Things that have really warmed my heart..

A photograph of me and my Dad..



Hah.. I have NEVER seen this photograph before but it is from the same set as the one I keep by my bed... I was so excited when it fell from the box yesterday!

AND.. This wonderful book...



There is a wonder and magic to childhood. We don't realize it at the time, of course . . . yet the adults in our lives do. They encourage us to see things in the stars, to find joy in colours and laughter as we play.

But what happens when that special someone who encourages such wonder and magic is no longer around? We can hide, we can place our heart in a bottle and grow up . . . or we can find another special someone who understands the magic. And we can encourage them to see things in the stars, find joy among colours and laughter as they play.

Such a beautiful magical book! Wonderful illustrations with a meaning that touching my heart immediately....

So.. With this book in mind I created this weeks treasury..

There once was a girl...



who's life was filled with all the wonder of the world around her....

I'm that girl

Inspired by my new favourite book..

The heart and the bottle

To see it larger and and click on all the magical goodies.. Click HERE

Thank you for stopping by and have a magical Sunday... Go and find some magic in the everyday things.. And have fun ♥

3 comments:

Katie said...

that picture is so precious. i bet that you are so glad to have it!

http://breatheandhush.blogspot.com/

Mrs Balfour said...

Gorgeous treasury - I love the book that inspired you ie the story behind it.
Ace photo, too!! x

Heather said...

I love this treasury. i saw it on etsy this morning! It's so full of color and the wonder of childhood - i found some great new shops, too! thanks, - cute pic too of you and your dad! will have to look for the book! xo