Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, 5 January 2011

Create myself happy



I get regular feedback from people saying that my silly jabbering..doodles and photos brighten up their day..That I am an inspiration..A ray of sunshine! Wow! That is so amazing to hear..I am so very honoured and I am so happy that people feel that way, after all I am nothing special. Just a silly pink girl who lives in a pink house.. A complete contradiction. I'm no Barbie princess..In fact I'm a bit of a tomboy who loves wrestling..dinosaurs..scary movies..ghost stories and picking up snails,
but yes I admit I love care bears..unicorns..candyfloss..and kittens!

I live in my own little world.. I kinda created it in my head. It makes the transition into the real world a lot easier! You see I could easily be a bit of a hermit.. Before I had Noah I spent a good 2 years agoraphobic and was terrified of my own shadow! I'm still ever so shy until I know you, so don't go thinking it's all so easy for me.. I just have a few secrets..

So I wanted to let you into my secrets of sunshine living..

Firstly.. I wake up every day, open the blind and look at the sky! Every season.. every day has something different and beautiful to offer. In fact when the sky from my bedroom window is particularly beautiful I take a photo.

Also I walk..lots! This is because I never learnt to drive (too daydreamy!) But you'll be amazed what you notice when you breath in the air and march out into the world!

See the magic in everything.. I am a HUGE Studio Ghibli fan and I really want to believe in forest spirits and magical things.. Who wants to be a non believer? The reason children see things that adults don't is because their minds are open to everything. Most adults become jaded by the day to day living.. I NEVER want that to happen to me. I could never live life feeling that way!

Don't take other peoples negative opinions on.. Someone's opinion is something that belongs to someone else and I don't ever take what isn't mine!

You gotta start the day full of jelly beans or the world will knock the fluffing out of you by lunchtime!! :)

Look ahead.. Like I tell Noah..What's gone is gone..Look forward. You can't change the past but your future is ALL YOURS and a wonderful adventure to come!

Find something that makes YOU happy! I can't even believe that some people don't have hobbies. I would be lost without something creative to do just for me. I absolutely love to doodle more than anything in the world.. A hobby that has passed down to my Noah. When I doodle I go into a dream world and it relaxes me in the most wonderful way!



Kitty and Cuppy.. Haha I doodled this last night! The sillier the better huh?

Make lists.. List things that make you HAPPY! Concentrate on the positives in life and make a list of the wonderful things about YOU! Come on..Don't be shy! It's good for you!

Concentrate on what you DO HAVE and not on what you don't! We all want something more but things come with time and patience and hard work! You only get out what you put in..Work hard.. focus but in the meantime be happy with what you have and make the most of every moment!



Our thoughts create powerful chemicals in our bodies. Happy thoughts create energy boosting endorphins. Woe-is-me thoughts create the same chemicals that depress the nervous system and create apathy and paralysis.

Remember..
People will forget what you said.
People will forget what you did..

But people will NEVER forget how you made them feel!

After all I'm no way near perfect, as my latest journal page for Janel's New Year New You class proves..

There are so many things that I feel have defined me before. I hate that. Like I can't tell you how many times I have said to myself "Man, I wouldn't do that because of my anxiety issues" You know, silly things like that. This year I have decided that I am not going to let any of those silly little things define who I am this year.
I am going to Rock life this year :)

In 2011, ____ will not be defined by...Anxiety..Fear..Paranoia..Anger..Irritability..
Other peoples opinions and choices OR my irrationality! I can be slightly neurotic!



Journal Challenge: Try using some sort of fiber on your page today to add some sort of texture!

So come on guys.. Are you with me? Let the sunshine in. I'm chasing that rainbow and I'm never ever gonna give up or get knocked down!

6 comments:

Elis said...

Hey, I never got a driver's license either! Walkers unite! ^_^
Thanks so much for this post...I had a very bad day and really, REALLY needed to hear something like this right now. ♥

Lori said...

That was so wonderful. I am going to take your advice and make this a better year for me. I need to clear out the clutter in my head and make myself happy. Thanks for posting this.

Bex said...

Still totally awesome!
xx

(you, btw, not me. Although I'm not bad either, lol!)

Claudieboo said...

:) I must say.. I had a burst of confidence whilst reading this which has spurred me to be more me! This year will not defeat me, I won't let it! :) x

Judith8Acht said...

Are we soulemates or what... you speak out loud what i deeply feel in my heart. BIG Bear Hug!!!! x

lionsze said...

This is wonderful. Thanks for sharing your little tips of living happily.

"We all want something more but things come with time and patience and hard work! You only get out what you put in..Work hard.. focus but in the meantime be happy with what you have and make the most of every moment!" - that really make sense!!

^o^