Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, 5 July 2010

Journalling week 3

Hey guys..Happy Monday! Here it is week 3 of journal prompts.. Not only has the journalling itself been great fun but it's also introduced a love of blogging into my life.. I want to keep this up!

Anyhow here we go...

Journal Prompt 22: Today I want to know what your favorite holiday is!! There are soooo many holidays out there and the cool thing is that they differ depending on where you live, your family, and your religion. Teach me all about your favorite holiday and why it's your favorite :)



Well being in the UK we don't have as many special occasions as in other parts of the world..No 4th July..no thanksgiving :( and my favourite is celebrated way more in the USA than here......But I LOVE Halloween!!! Wooo spooky scares in abundance! Carving pumpkins..decorating the house for me and my little man..toffee apples and spooky snacks! Fun fun fun! Not to mention creepy costumes! And it's in my favourite month and favourite season! Fun fun fun!

Journal prompt 23...Today I want you to fill an entire page in your journal with one of the elements of art. As an art teacher, I have to talk about all of the elements of art...daily.
Here they are:
1. Line
2. Color
3. Shape
4. Space
5. Texture
6. Form



So....... I chose space..Because sometimes its all I need to get myself together!
But I'm going to do the other 5 too I think!

Starting here...



So here's my line page! When I think of lines..I think of walking on a wire in the circus. It's one of my favourite counting Crows lyrics! It's how I feel most days!

Colour...I can't imagine a world without it! Here's my colour page..



Now I'm specifically keeping this journal black ink only! So how to do a colour page huh? Hmm... Well I wanted to give the idea of paint so used this font and then listed the paint style colours of my ideal world! A world without colour... It's the stuff of horror movies!

Shape...We are all different shapes...This made me think of the carnival mirrors and all the funny shapes it makes with your body!



Texture...Made me think of bark rubbing!



Form...Here's my form page...Form is an element of art. At its most basic, a form is a three-dimensional geometrical figure (i.e.: sphere, cube, cylinder, cone, etc.), as opposed to a shape, which is two-dimensional, or flat.



Make me 3D! This is me as a paper doll!

Journal prompt 24... What is your most favorite place in the world? Is it a country, a town, a room, a secret place that no one else knows about? I know you have one, I want to see it!!



My favourite place at the end of the day...Is my special spot! Curling up on Jacob's chest!

My favourite place in the day.....Is the beach! I feel at home by the sea!!

Journal prompt 25...Today. I want you to think about your day today. If you had to describe to me in one word, or one short phrase what would it be?? Us this phrase or word repeatedly on your page, trying out new fonts :)



Well..I had no idea how I felt about today so I picked out an angel card and the word of the day was inspired! How cool...What a great word huh? So I'm just running with that and feeling fully inspired today! Oh and the whole fonts thing makes me happy! I love fonts. This website is the best one I've found urban fonts, so much fun and all FREE!! This book is also awesome!



Hand job..A catalog of type!
So much fun to be had with fonts....I just love them!!! Waah only 5 days left :( I'm so gonna miss these prompts!

Journal prompt 26...Today you are going to write out your favorite recipe!! This can be written, illustrated, cut and pasted, something. It is always really good to document these small little pieces of your life. Don't you think?



Well... I always thought my perfect man was a gingerbread man..That was until I met Jacob! But I still love gingerbread men so here's the recipe!

Journal prompt 27... If you could change one thing, what would it be. This could be something about yourself, your situation, your city, your country, the world...anything!!


I went for what I'd change in myself...And for that to be brutally honest I need to change my irrationality! It's the main core of all my other problems and insecurities! It fuels my paranoia and my panic attacks along with my mood swings..Crazy highs and deep lows! Yes! That is what I need to change!

Journal Prompt 28...What are you most looking forward to? This can be something tomorrow, in a month, a year, or way into the future :)


Well I have everything I've ever wanted really..An adorable son who continues to amaze me on a daily basis. The most fantastic partner I could ever dream of..In fact I'm sure he came from a dream because he's so very very perfect for me. I'm looking forward to growing with these guys! I have a great brother who is one of my greatest friends and my parents who are always there for me and have helped to make me the person I am today! Family means the world to me.. I want all these guys to live their hopes and dreams and I want to see everything I can because I couldn't love anyone more!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I absolutely love your colour page :) Your drawings are excellent!