Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, 20 June 2010

I took up the challenge!

YES! Well after taking part in the Red Velvet Art journalling class with Elsie and Rachel..(I'll blog about it next) I discovered a new love (Jacob would say obsession!) JOURNALLING!

it really helps me to empty my head an express my feelings in one of my favourite forms....The trusty doodle! So when the awesome Janel at Run with scissors started a free 30 day journal prompt project, I was in there like a shot! And here are my entries so far..

Prompt 1...Create a full page design introducing yourself :)
Highlight your name many times in the midst of your design.
Have fun, be creative, don't stress, just jump right in!!



These are always my favourite sorts of pages..The kind of crazy mind emptying I love to do on a daily basis..Oh and especially when I'm in any kind of class!

Prompt 2...What is the BEST part of your day?
Is it working out?
Is it "quitting time" at work?
Is it dinner with the fam?
What is it?
You can write about it, draw it, sketch it, doodle it, anything you like!



I have too many best bits! I like to find the magic in everything and treasure evry little moment!

Prompt 3... Hello friend! It's always nice to share with someone why you love them. Today, I want you to draw a picture, doodle, sketch, of a person who you love, or admire. Then, write that person a letter telling them why they mean so much to you!
If you are intimidated at the idea of drawing a portrait of someone, draw objects that represent that person or draw their name in a creative way.



Well.. If you know me, you know how much I love this boy! We've been together for 18 months and I am still every bit as much in love with him as when I first saw him.. Read about it in the comic I made him!

Prompt 4...What does your heart look like? It can be literal, it can be symbolic, it can be broken and need fixing...anything!



Mine's soft and squishy! It's been broken but it's stitched back together!!
He made it better!

Prompt 5...We are all obviously bloggers right, or else you wouldn't be here :) Even if you don't have a blog, I know that you read them.
This page is dedicated to your favorite blogs!! What are they? Are there any blogs that you can't go a day without checking?



Right now it's these guys! I need to get better at blogging! Maybe this challenge will help me!?

Prompt 6...It's time...
It's definitely time to do something. It may be a new season for you in your life, or a time to make some goals, or it may just be time to relax (because it's Saturday right?).
Draw something that represents the word time and then make a list of things that you need to do at this time in your life, or day, or week :)



Time flies....I'm ALWAYS chasing it! But these are the things I need to take time out for! Time together is never quite enough huh??

Prompt 7...Today is an easy one... How are you feeling today? Sometimes it's really good to reflect on your feelings and try to figure out why you are feeling a certain way.



Today I feel happy..excited..funny..sunny..magical! I want to smile ..love and have fun! My hidden message was how I feel about today.. FULL OF MAGICAL OPPORTUNITIES!!

This week has been brilliant and journal prompts are super fun!

Well that was fun and its only the first week!! I am very excited to be doing this challenge and will be checking the flickr group to see what everyone else is up to!!
Pop by and say hi ok? It might inspire me to be a better blogger!! Love Kitty xx

6 comments:

Emma said...

How fun! I like your pages and I'm going to check out the challenge... :)

out of the frame said...

it looks like a really fun challenge - I'd like to do it, but I don't think my pages would ever look as cute as yours!

Katie said...

Your pages are so fun! So busy and so inspiring! :D

Ladybastard said...

those pages are so adorable! :)

Flame said...

Ooh I think I need to do that!

twistyfishies. said...

Beyond adorable! I love looking at your drawings, they are so full of the sweetest art ever. It has been years since I've kept a journal (though I love to look through the dozen I've filled), entirely makes me miss it. :)