Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, 21 June 2010

The challenge.. Week 2

So after a super fun first week, here I am on Monday day 8! I love Mondays..They are the underdog days that nobody likes but I LOVE them! Hello Monday..Lets have a cuddle!

Prompt 8..Today, I want you to illustrate an "inside joke." I want this to be a page that only you and a few other people would get. Inside jokes are always fun (well, when you are apart of them I guess).



Well..Here's mine! It's dedicated to my brother who I love dearly. He's one of my best friends and we've always been very close. He's 3 years younger than me but will always be my BIG brother. We have several in jokes..He'll understand this and he'll smile. I love it when he smiles!

Journal prompt 9...Choose another person who is vert significant in your life right now. It can definitely be the same person that we wrote about on day 3, but I chose to do someone different. Anyway, this prompt is going to be all about those wonderful adjectives, and typography. Describe your special person with as many words as you can fit. For each word, try to use a different font or writing style. This is a great way to practice fun typography!



I did my page about my Jacob again! because I am so in love with him and he seemed like the perfect person to describe! Plus this typography prompt reminded me of this doodle I drew for him ages ago..



So I decided to use that idea on one side of the page and work with all the adjectives and different fonts on the other side! I loved this one...Jacob is so easy to describe.. He's perfect for me.. He's my muse!


Oh and whilst looking up fonts I found this awesome one.. In fact it has to be my favourite font EVER! Beard font!



How cool!? We love beards!

This prompt is all about collections. What do you collect? If anything. Do you collect buttons, clothes, shoes, friends, parking tickets, whatever!! Illustrate your collections. This will be fun to look back on someday and see how your collections have grown or have moved on :)




So here's mine.. I collect too many things! I put them all on my wall of shelves like a grandma, except my collection if plastic and brightly coloured! Well that was the inspiration for my doodle...My shelf display! This one was really fun!

Journal prompt 11... Today is another one of my favorite pages. And speaking of favorites, this is a page all about your faves!!
We are going to list your favorites in each of these four categories:
* TV shows
* Music
* Food
* Splurges



I have lots of favourites... I only struggled with TV shows because there isn't much that I HAVE to watch these days! So I added tales of the city and twin peaks because they were unmissable!!!!I LOVED this page so much!! Can't wait to check out everyone's faves in the flickr pool!


Journal prompt 12 is all about trends. Whether you consider yourself "trendy" or not, I bet there are a few trends that you find yourself gravitating to. If not, you can create a page of trends that you think are lame too, it's up to you :)



Well that's mine! These are all the styles that make me...ME!! I create my own style and my own clothes so here are all the little aspects I take from other things and stick together to create Kittypinkstars wardrobe!!

Journal prompt 13 Silly insecurities....we all have them unfortunately. If you don't, you are my hero :) Today I want you to document your insecurities, face them, write them down, reflect on them, and get them out of your system. Somewhere on your page I want you to write "BUT..." This will lead in to tomorrow's prompt :) This is definitely not a fun prompt but it's kind of necessary in order to move past them.



I always like to write this stuff down... I have so many of them too! Bah I wish I was more balanced!

Journal prompt 14...Ok, now that we have all of the yucky insecurities out of our system, I want us to completely focus ONLY on the things that make you the amazing person that you are. What are the qualities that you possess that make you so wonderful? Don't be shy and don't be modest either on this one :)



WOW! I am not as good at these pages...Yesterdays was easier but these are the things that I think are good about being lil old me! Oh and a few that my boys always tell me!!

Yay! I'm not so bad after all huh!!??

WOW!! What a great second week! Janel you rule! Thanks so much for these prompts... I am loving every moment of them and waking up early to see what the new one has in store for me! And it's such fun to see everyone else has been up to in the flickr pool!

Now I'm ready for next week....Bring it on!!!!

2 comments:

Zoe said...

I like inside jokes, but I feel left out :(

WE NEED AN INSIDE JOKE! :D

Katie said...

Your pages are amazing! I love your doodles and drawings!!